Join my page group created for discussion and debates on topics. You can share your views, opinions, thoughts there. An open platform for debates and discussions.
Recently, I saw the ads of Four more shots, please! again. Last year, my friends did praise about the web-series but I assumed that it might be inspired by Kareena Kapoor’s Veerey Di Wedding and I decided to skip it because I wasn’t interested in watching any show based on feminism which shows how women have all rights to be badass.
This year, as we are in lockdown there is sufficient time to watch shows which varies by our taste.
So I started with Season 1 last Thursday night and finished the last episode of season 2 on Saturday afternoon.
I just loved the web-series. I tell you why?
Review in my way:
I am not going to write here the review for that you can just google it and find many articles and blogs on the same. Mine is a little twisted, I am not here to simply narrate the story but to make you understand why we must watch it. This web series is about four girls and the journey of their life. Why I liked the plot so much is because
- All the actors have done justice to their acting.
- Hats of to the leading ladies, all the four have justified their given roles and are a perfect fit.
- Damini (Sayani Gupta), Umang (Bani J), Anjana (Kirti Kulhari) and Siddhi (Maanvi Gaagro) so the four girls met at a bar a few years back and bonded together.
- The beautifully scripted storyline begins with someone’s success to others sorrow and sadness due to personal problems.
- It actually shows the bond of friends and how important is it to have real friends in life.
- Many of the times, we listen to others and do what pleases us because we trust a stranger more than others and we intentionally like to fall in the trap. Just like Anjana, who believed in someone.
- Sidhi’s character shows how the family controls her since childhood and how she deals with body-shaming and finally starts to love herself.
- In our society, we girls are grown and adapted the way our family and friends body-shame us, make fun of us. If we do something good, our own family doubt on our capabilities.
- In my family, I am being fat-shamed and body-shamed since childhood. In many families, even in-laws mock and body-shame.
- One of my cousins mocked at me for having readers and having fans on my page. Where this blog is even liked by Rangita Pritish Nandy and Maanvi Gagroo.
- One of my knowns keeps abusing and threatening me when I give my views and opinions related to politics.
- Though it was not required the way she gained the confidence, learned self-love and discovers her skills and abilities.
- Bani J as Umang is a bisexual and falls in love with Samaira (Lisa Ray).
- Umang’s character was actually interesting, it showed how she wanted to live her life with her own individuality. Being a Punjabi village girl she transformed herself, sustained and survived. Though her partner initially refused to admit their relationship later on everything goes well and they head towards marriage.
- The one thing, that Umang said, at last, was not to choose a person who keeps career over you and try to mould someone according to own. I fully agree, there must be mutual concern and agreement. A relationship must always be equal in the sense of loving, adjusting, understanding, compromising and sacrificing. I can say that Bani was a real fit for the character.
- Damini’s character is about a girl who is a journalist and founder of her company. She has a strong will, striking confidence, responsibility and maturity. Her, life shows different shades related to different topics be it office politics, anti-nationalism, righteousness. She is someone having a strong will-power, writing about and standing by the truth.
The story covers topics like misogyny, inequalities, trolling. It’s actually difficult for girls to survive even in Modern India where there are so many idiots in this world. Even on Facebook, so many people keep messaging, calling continuously unnecessarily from Facebook messenger.
- Anjana is a lawyer and excellent at her work, however, her personal life is a total mess and she tries to fix out all the issues with her ex-husband. Trying to equally balance her life.
- Being a successful lawyer, even she deals with the misogynistic behaviour of her boss. In my working career, even I have faced the same issue where higher authorities recommended my name for promotion based on my performance, but my immediate boss suggested a male colleague of mine because he could handle it better as he will not have to deal with home responsibilities.
- Her character throws life about how difficult it is to raise a child, being a single mother, open relationship, infidelity, adultery.
- I just loved her dress sense along with her makeover and lip-shades.
This is a complete entertainment during the lockdown. You can easily complete watching all the episode in just a days time.
Apart from the characters, you will love the editing, story-plot, sudden change of emotions in the storyline.
It’s a complete binge time for girls. You can rejuvenate your girl gangs memories while watching it and miss your friends.
Four more shots is bold, witty, fun to watch, delightful, glamourous, it gives you a message between all the glamour and shines of life.
Cinematography is very good.
While you are sitting at your homes you will be happy to virtually tour Istanbul, Jaipur, Goa and even you will love them to watch walking freely on streets and spending time in bars.
The web-series will remind you of FRIENDS as well. Just the coffee shop turned into a bar.
The series will make you miss your sleeping over at friends place, gossip and sharing.
Make you miss your friends and recollect the memories when they were with you during your wedding.
It will make you miss and encourage to plan a trip after things get normal.
It was a beautiful morning, spring is approaching. Though it’s still cold in Shanghai yet everyone is getting ready for their office.
Shanghai, is the biggest city in China and the global business hub. Many big and small businesses run over there. People from different countries, villages, small towns and cities migrate to Shanghai in the search of work. A showpiece “Shanghai” is an example of booming industries of China.
Living in Shanghai has always been romanticised and another romantic story was about to start. The air was fresh, blowing romantically.
Jack Chen, a handsome and charming young boy who also lives in Shanghai is also getting ready for his office like all the other days. He stepped out of his house and walked towards his office. He was leaves nearby his office. He wants to earn lots of money and start his own business soon. He works hard every day and in the spare time, he loves to devote his time in personality development. He is a fun-loving guy and a helpful lad but still single in search of a right partner.
Today, as usual after marking his attendance he grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down on a chair in the pantry and kept reading something and scrolling down his messages on wechat.
Suddenly he heard the beautiful voice of a girl and looked up coming out from his mobile screen.
Girl: Can I sit next to you? (She pointed towards a chair lying beside Jack, all the chairs were occupied and that was only vacated).
Jack: (Hesitated and then stood up to great) Yes, of course, you can!
The girl liked the chivalry of Jack and sat with a smile. She initiated the conversation with Jack.
Girl: My name is Taurus, so you will work on the sales team?
Jack: Hello Taurus! It’s a unique and beautiful name, I work with the International sales team.
They continued to talk and after they finished the coffee left the pantry. When they walked by, Taurus giggled and laughed at Jack’s jokes and both exchanged their numbers.
They started to like each other’s company and spend time more time together.
One day, while they were talking, Taurus suddenly asked Jack:
Taurus: Why are you still single? Why you don’t find a girl for yourself?
Jack: Why I will find another girl for myself when I have you if you like, we can know each other far better.
Jack smiled and pulled Taurus closer, her hands tingled when he grabbed.
Taurus: Nice lines! Sure, we can do that.
Days passed and holidays started for Qingming festival, Taurus and Jack went shopping, watched movies, played games together. Jack realised more and more that she is the soul-mate. He thought to get propose her.
Already it was late evening they headed towards home. Jack dropped Taurus at her home but then he parked his car a little far from her home. He wanted to walk with her, it was drizzling, both started to walk. Jack grabbed Taurus’s hand and they both walked silently. Suddenly Jack stopped and said,
Jack: The way I feel now, I never felt before. I am the happiest person when I am with you. I always keep thinking about us all the time.
So will you, many years from now still hold my hands in yours and walk with me in all the phases of life? Will you marry me?
Taurus: (whispered) You are the one I can think about, you are very gentleman with a great sense of humour. She giggled and continued, ” I like your sun sign as well, I read somewhere a Piscean can be an ideal life partner. I love you! I will marry you!
After some time, Jack decided to start his own business, Taurus supported her. They both started their own business. They travelled to different parts of Asia for business and leisure. Soon after they returned from Thailand, they got engaged.
A few days later, Taurus discovered that she is pregnant. They went to the Philippines for photo-shoot.
While Jack and Taurus were looking at the sky holding hands, Jack said:
Jack: I am the happiest person on Earth today, and I will keep you always happy. I promise you, my fiancee, I will take you to all coasts of the world.
They soon got married and now they are expecting the baby in August.
All my best wishes to Jack and Taurus for their beautiful journey of life!!