Join my page group created for discussion and debates on topics. You can share your views, opinions, thoughts there. An open platform for debates and discussions.
Recently, I saw the ads of Four more shots, please! again. Last year, my friends did praise about the web-series but I assumed that it might be inspired by Kareena Kapoor’s Veerey Di Wedding and I decided to skip it because I wasn’t interested in watching any show based on feminism which shows how women have all rights to be badass.
This year, as we are in lockdown there is sufficient time to watch shows which varies by our taste.
So I started with Season 1 last Thursday night and finished the last episode of season 2 on Saturday afternoon.
I just loved the web-series. I tell you why?
Review in my way:
I am not going to write here the review for that you can just google it and find many articles and blogs on the same. Mine is a little twisted, I am not here to simply narrate the story but to make you understand why we must watch it. This web series is about four girls and the journey of their life. Why I liked the plot so much is because
- All the actors have done justice to their acting.
- Hats of to the leading ladies, all the four have justified their given roles and are a perfect fit.
- Damini (Sayani Gupta), Umang (Bani J), Anjana (Kirti Kulhari) and Siddhi (Maanvi Gaagro) so the four girls met at a bar a few years back and bonded together.
- The beautifully scripted storyline begins with someone’s success to others sorrow and sadness due to personal problems.
- It actually shows the bond of friends and how important is it to have real friends in life.
- Many of the times, we listen to others and do what pleases us because we trust a stranger more than others and we intentionally like to fall in the trap. Just like Anjana, who believed in someone.
- Sidhi’s character shows how the family controls her since childhood and how she deals with body-shaming and finally starts to love herself.
- In our society, we girls are grown and adapted the way our family and friends body-shame us, make fun of us. If we do something good, our own family doubt on our capabilities.
- In my family, I am being fat-shamed and body-shamed since childhood. In many families, even in-laws mock and body-shame.
- One of my cousins mocked at me for having readers and having fans on my page. Where this blog is even liked by Rangita Pritish Nandy and Maanvi Gagroo.
- One of my knowns keeps abusing and threatening me when I give my views and opinions related to politics.
- Though it was not required the way she gained the confidence, learned self-love and discovers her skills and abilities.
- Bani J as Umang is a bisexual and falls in love with Samaira (Lisa Ray).
- Umang’s character was actually interesting, it showed how she wanted to live her life with her own individuality. Being a Punjabi village girl she transformed herself, sustained and survived. Though her partner initially refused to admit their relationship later on everything goes well and they head towards marriage.
- The one thing, that Umang said, at last, was not to choose a person who keeps career over you and try to mould someone according to own. I fully agree, there must be mutual concern and agreement. A relationship must always be equal in the sense of loving, adjusting, understanding, compromising and sacrificing. I can say that Bani was a real fit for the character.
- Damini’s character is about a girl who is a journalist and founder of her company. She has a strong will, striking confidence, responsibility and maturity. Her, life shows different shades related to different topics be it office politics, anti-nationalism, righteousness. She is someone having a strong will-power, writing about and standing by the truth.
The story covers topics like misogyny, inequalities, trolling. It’s actually difficult for girls to survive even in Modern India where there are so many idiots in this world. Even on Facebook, so many people keep messaging, calling continuously unnecessarily from Facebook messenger.
- Anjana is a lawyer and excellent at her work, however, her personal life is a total mess and she tries to fix out all the issues with her ex-husband. Trying to equally balance her life.
- Being a successful lawyer, even she deals with the misogynistic behaviour of her boss. In my working career, even I have faced the same issue where higher authorities recommended my name for promotion based on my performance, but my immediate boss suggested a male colleague of mine because he could handle it better as he will not have to deal with home responsibilities.
- Her character throws life about how difficult it is to raise a child, being a single mother, open relationship, infidelity, adultery.
- I just loved her dress sense along with her makeover and lip-shades.
This is a complete entertainment during the lockdown. You can easily complete watching all the episode in just a days time.
Apart from the characters, you will love the editing, story-plot, sudden change of emotions in the storyline.
It’s a complete binge time for girls. You can rejuvenate your girl gangs memories while watching it and miss your friends.
Four more shots is bold, witty, fun to watch, delightful, glamourous, it gives you a message between all the glamour and shines of life.
Cinematography is very good.
While you are sitting at your homes you will be happy to virtually tour Istanbul, Jaipur, Goa and even you will love them to watch walking freely on streets and spending time in bars.
The web-series will remind you of FRIENDS as well. Just the coffee shop turned into a bar.
The series will make you miss your sleeping over at friends place, gossip and sharing.
Make you miss your friends and recollect the memories when they were with you during your wedding.
It will make you miss and encourage to plan a trip after things get normal.
It was almost 5, as Sanjali resumed the shoot hence all the crew members were busy so it gave Nillie a golden chance to escape from there without getting noticed by Raghav.
She called up a taxi and after settling down informed Raghav that she had to leave because she was not feeling well.
She reached the venue before time, she directly went to the washroom for a touch-up, while she’s is busy in touch up, Parth called..
Parth: Hello! I have reached, I am in another get-up, so to help you recognise me, I am wearing a black hat with a grey coat.
Don’t take my name, call me Grover, I don’t want media’s attention.
Nillie:(Giggled) okay boss! Got it!
She reached the place as directed, Parth was waiting for her with a glass of champagne. When he saw her coming towards her, he stood up from his chair to show chivalry and pull-out a chair for her.
Nillie: Thank you, baby!
Parth looked at her with amazement and smiled to see her all into the character.
Nillie gracefully glowed and made herself comfortable.
Parth: You are looking gorgeous. So how was your day?
Nillie: (smiled)Good! I was there at the shooting the whole day, I am coming directly from there.
Parth: Oh okay! So you enjoyed watching the shoot?
Nillie: Actually shooting started after lunch so I was unable to see much of her dance.
Parth: Why they started to shoot so late? It’s a spot where you need proper light from 2nd half, anyway, let’s talk about us.
Nillie told Parth about her past, where she came from, how she was unhappy in her marriage.
Nillie managed to portray herself as a self-made girl who struggled her way out from all the odd circumstances finally she has gathered courage.
Nillie is expert in gaining sympathy, she depicts herself as the fatality who has been violated and ignored even by her own family.
Meanwhile, during the discussion, Parth got a call from his manager as his meeting was fixed with some other director, he had to leave.
Parth: It was nice spending the evening with you, I wish I could spend some more time but I have to leave for now as I have other commitments, but wish to see you soon.
Well you send some of your dance videos to me, let me see what I can do for you.
Nillie: I understand, it’s difficult to get some free time from the busy schedule, I am honoured that you chose to spend some time with me.
I will be waiting for the next meeting. I will surely send you my videos.
Do you wonder what Parth liked in Nillie? Her calm and composed nature, beauty is not everything, beauty has no boundaries, but when beauty meets with brain success come on its own. This is why I adore Nillie, she is focused and knows what to talk and how to approach.
She can make her work done by anyone. Many of us lack such talent. Can we even call this a talent in the first place? You decide…