Recently Arnab Goswami stole all the limelight after he published a video stating an attack on him by the Congressmen late night while he was returning from studio to home.
Again our India divided itself into groups having a different opinion.
- Only supported Arnab
- Supported Arnab and BJP
- Opposed Arnab because of his cheap publicity stunt
- Opposed Arnab just to support the opposition.
He loves controversies, he is expert in creating news. This is not the first time that such things happened. Let me take you to the journey of Arnab.
Arnab Goswami was born on 9th October 1973 in Guwahati, Assam. Born in a reputed and well-known family where his father Manoranjan Goswami is a retired army officer and a BJP member.
Strong family-political background.
He contested for the Lok Sabha polls for the Guwahati Constituency but he lost it from the congress candidate Bhubaneswar Kalita.
If you look at the family background, the entire family is very much educated. Arnab’s mother Suprabha Gain-Goswami is an author.
Arnab’s paternal grandfather was a lawyer and maternal grandfather was the legislator from the communist party of India.
Arnab in making
Arnab attended schools in many cities as his father was in a transferable job. He completed his masters in social anthropology from Oxford University where he was a Felix scholar.
After his education, he returned to India and started his career with The Telegraph, Kolkata.
I remember while watching one of his interview with Raj Thackeray where Thackeray said that you might be worked in print media as all journalist does. But he soon moved to Delhi and joined NDTV.
The journey wasn’t easy, he hopped and learnt from his experiences. He worked with DD Metro as well where we won his award as the best news anchor of Asia 2004.
In 2006, he joined Times Now as the Editor-in-Chief. He got his popularity from there when he hosted a live show at 9 pm along that he also hosted special programs like Frankly speaking.
He formed a new way of anchoring by bringing aggressively debates on topics. People loved to hear him, the way he argued, the way he use to keep his point, his English speaking.
Many companies and colleges recommended and referred to watch his show to enhance English speaking skills.
Now he is with Republic TV.
Why Arnab is called BJP puppet.
Republic TV was launched 2 years back and it’s a most-watched news channel from 100 weeks in a row.
It’s owned by:
- Arnab Goswami
- ARG outlier media
- Asianet News
The channel was primarily funded by Rajeev Chandrasekhar an independent member of Rajya Sabha who had intricate links with Bhartiya Janta Party.
Arnab as a co-founder and his wife Mrs Goswami as a major investor along with Ramdas Pai and Ramakanta Panda.
Chandrasekhar resigned from the board in 2018 before officially joining BJP and Arnab bought the stakes of Rajeev Chandrasekhar.
Republic TV is accused of biased reporting in favour of BJP.
It also has an allegation of propagating fake news.
It has also been accused of breaching TRAI & NBSA rules.
And along with that, it also has been subjected to high profile defamation case by INC Lok Sabha MP Shashi Tharoor.
Arnab Goswami after accusing Sonia Gandhi now accuses Mumbai Police.
An FIR has been registered by RAZA Educational welfare society Secretary, Irfan Shaikh, for creating communal disturbances.
The channel had telecasted the protest of migrants that had gathered near Bandra railway station on April 14, during which he (Goswami) had raised a question as to why are mob gathering only near mosques during lockdown.Irfan Shaikh
On which, Goswami stated the police filed the complaint with an intention to harass and silence him.
This is not the first incident multiple such complaints have been filed against Arnab.
Fake news by Arnab
- Chattisgarh Health Minister registered FIR against Arnab for Palgarh mob lynching and all spreading communal hatred.
- The video of Arnab mentioning about the attack and the time of the attack stated was misleading.
- Rajdeep Sardesai claimed that Arnab Goswami lied and used his story about covering Gujarat riots.
- Recently Aatish Taseer turned down the request to participate in the debate on “Western Media peddling fake news about India.”
Why people like Arnab:
Sad but true, while I was searching for why do people like Arnab in Quora surveys other articles there were no such article or section where people did mentioned why they adore him. My search result kept on showing why people don’t adore him.
But yes there are a few points to really admire:
- He has given journalism a new form of ranting.
- He is aggressive, witty, ferocious.
- His aggressive behaviour attracts people.
- He knows from where to grab the opportunities for his betterment. For journalism…ahem!ahem!…we will see for that.
- He has the potential to shout continuously and taunt on the fellow debate participates.
- Indians love spices in food, entertainment and life. Arnab is giving the spice to the Indian audience.
- He has the potential to singlehandedly run a news channel and constantly remain at the top of TRP.
- He plays all the roles, he is the moderator, he is for and against the debate and himself delivers the final verdict.
- He is an eloquent orator with impeccable fluency.
So the question lies:
- Where is Arnab wrong?
- He has rightfully asked questions as a Hindu and as a true Indian then were us the problem?
- If he is creating communal differences, aren’t we trying to do the same?
- If he is booked to hurt religious feelings, aren’t there many who do the same?
- He is able to do so because of we Indians actually love that. The divide and rule policy is nothing new in India, Isn’t it?